Thursday 16 February 2017

Anpara po loro Yoruba, so don't get it twisted.

Yoruba people likes anpara so much that no sentence is complete without on. Se ele imagine wipe kosi ara tabi esi tikoni answer. And do you know why? Because won expect ki awon eeyan ni common sense and Yoruba kii fii gbogbo enu soro. Oro die pelu thought process niyi toku..
















For example
Salutation: Eku ile ma
Response:Tinba kuule nko?
Q: Say where should I put it?
A: Gbe elemi l’ori (which you dare not)
Q: Were you calling me?
A: hmmhmm, eni keji e nimonpe
Q: #500? Can I have it for #350?
A: Oti. E bama sanwo rara
Q: Can 2 have one please?
A: Rara, gbogbo e ni kogbe
Q: Can I enter
A: Sun sita
Q: Ta lo wa nibeyen
A: Tanlatakusi alata rodo ni
Q: Did the lecturer later show up?
A: Abo ti wa ni (this line is still trending)
Q: Se ile yin niyen?
A: hmhmmm. Ile yin ni
Son: I am going to my friend’s house, I’ll be back by 7pm
Mum: Kuku maa gbe be!
Therefore, if you expect a typical Yoruba to spoon feed you every details of you discuss. Ohun ti oju re bari tabi ti eti re bagbo. Ko fafamonni o. As Owe Yoruba dictate “Oro abo la nso f’omoluwabi, toba denu e, adi odidi”.


No comments:

Post a Comment